Gunder

Default Filtering does not work from Excel - changed conditions by random

I am running Office 2003 with all updates. I have made a word mailmerge
document and have a list in Excel that I shall pick the recipients from. Not
all recipients in the list shall have the mail. I go into the "Mail Merge
Recipient" dialog box and choose "advanced" for a column and put in the
conditions (3 AND conditions). Back in the "Mail Merge Recipient" dialog box
everything looks good. Closing the "Mail Merge Recipient" dialog box and goes
back in to the "Mail Merge Recipient" dialog box and suddenly there is one
more occurrence of the last condition but changed from AND to OR and also
made other changes to the new last condition. If I go out of the dialog boxes
and in again, there is one more occurrence. This destroyes the query.

Need help on this one: What is happening and what is the workaround?

Thanks in advance!

What is happning?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R3VuZGVy?=,

I've never encountered this one, before. Could you give me more information, an
example of the conditions you're trying to set?

Also, have you ever done any work with macros - do you feel comfortable copying
code someone gives you?

I am running Office 2003 with all updates. I have made a word mailmerge
document and have a list in Excel that I shall pick the recipients from. Not
all recipients in the list shall have the mail. I go into the "Mail Merge
Recipient" dialog box and choose "advanced" for a column and put in the
conditions (3 AND conditions). Back in the "Mail Merge Recipient" dialog box
everything looks good. Closing the "Mail Merge Recipient" dialog box and goes
back in to the "Mail Merge Recipient" dialog box and suddenly there is one
more occurrence of the last condition but changed from AND to OR and also
made other changes to the new last condition. If I go out of the dialog boxes
and in again, there is one more occurrence. This destroyes the query.

Need help on this one: What is happening and what is the workaround?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)