Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ms300game ms300game is offline

Default Insert Object - text from file

Hi. I'm using Windows XP with MS Word 2007. My co-workers and I are working
on a book with each of us assigned to different chapters. I've been able to
use the "Insert object - text from file" option to put the book together.
However, I have 2 chapters that insert correctly but when I select "Save As"
a problem occurs. These 2 chapters used the same template, format styles,
have tables and graphics in them, just as the other 10 chapters that have
successfully been assembled and saved as one file.

The PROBLEM is the error message that prevents me from saving these two
files as one. MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD box states "A file error has occured
(file name)" .

I CAN open each file independently and save it as something else without any
problem. The problem only occurs when I try to put it with the rest of the
book. I've tried to add a single chapter at a time but received the same
error message. Is there a way to determine what error is causing Word from
saving.

Currently, my file size for book (excluding the 2 missing chapters) is only
17, 647 KB. The chapters to be added are 605KB and 797KB. I don't believe
the file sizes are of any concern at this point. After all files are joined,
there will only be minimal corrections, if necessary, to the style formatting.

Thank you for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some of the documents may be (slightly) corrupt. Have you tried saving to a
different format and then back to Word format, or copying and pasting the
contents minus the final paragraph mark (ΒΆ) to a new file, before inserting
them into the target document?

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP