Tee

Default Excel & Word Docs saved with file type as 'file' and window icon

When saving excel and word documents, the file type says file with the
windows icon (which usually means not file association). This is happening
on two separate PCs. What can it be?
--
Tee
Beth Melton

See if recreating the file associations clears up the problem. Go to
Start/Run and run the following commands:

winword /r
excel /regserver

Note the space before the forward slash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Tee" wrote in message
When saving excel and word documents, the file type says file with
the
windows icon (which usually means not file association). This is
happening
on two separate PCs. What can it be?
--
Tee

oash

I am having the same problem, I typed these commands and this made no
difference. All my Word and Excel file icons are showing up as generic icons
not Office icons. I tired to associate, open with, etc. all works fine but
the icons are still missing. Can you help? Thanks

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 05:17 PM
Boiletplates from Word Perfect linda Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:37 PM