JDrew

Default Saving hyperlinks to CD

When I burn a Word document which contains hyperlinks onto a CD, the
hyperlinks no longer work. The many documents (jpegs, PDFs etc.) which the
hyperlinks refer to are located on my desktop. So, as the base address for
all of these hyperlinks refer to the desktop, I saved all of the desktop
files as well as the Master Word document onto the CD but this did not help
either. There must be an answer to this simple problem!

JDrew

Thanks for replying so quickly.

What exactly do you mean by relative? Do you mean the hyperlinks should all
come from the same base address, i.e. my desktop (they already all originate
from the desktop)? Also, I do not know the default screen tips as I changed
them to various titles to describe the links.

"JDrew" wrote in message
When I burn a Word document which contains hyperlinks onto a CD, the
hyperlinks no longer work. The many documents (jpegs, PDFs etc.) which
the
hyperlinks refer to are located on my desktop. So, as the base address
for
all of these hyperlinks refer to the desktop, I saved all of the desktop
files as well as the Master Word document onto the CD but this did not
help
either. There must be an answer to this simple problem!

Jezebel

'Your desktop' is actually a folder on your hard disk. However, to bring
some order to your project, use Windows Explorer to move the files somewhere
sensible, eg somewhere under My Documents.

If all the files are in the same folder, you can enter the hyperlink address
as the filename only, with no path; otherwise add path relative the root
folder for the set of documents.