revnice revnice is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2007: Numbering and Header miseries

I'm trying to create a 10 chapter template for a book.

My document has 10 pages, one page for each chapter. Each chapter (page) contains all the formatting and there's a new Header at each of the 10 Section Breaks.

The idea is to paste my final words into each chapter - two problems.

1) Header
* When I enlarge the chapter by pasting text into it, there's no Header on the next and subsequent pages, even though they're all in the same section.

2) Numbering.
* If I specify Top Right, the number appears but the Header text vanishes
* If I use a code region inside the Header, both the Header and the number 1 are visible (yeah!) but inserted pages don't contain a Header or a number.

How hard can this be

What am I missing?

Thanks - rev