Merridas Merridas is offline
Junior Member

Default Link to Previous vs Protected View

I have written a macro that creates a new section with new page and in that page it goes to the header and turns off "Link to Previous" (by default is "on") option and makes changes to the header in the new section. Works perfectly.

However I have a specially formated table on first page that has to be filled by other but not changed in any way. I employed to protect it from formatting a Protected View. This also works perfectly.

The problem I have is that when I turn on "Protected View" the option "Link to Previous" turns grey (not clickable) which means my macro crashes.

Any thoughts how to solve my problem?
- maybe a way to change default "Link to Previous" to "off" or
- a way to enable "Link to previous" checking/unchecking while in "Protected View" or
- some other option.

Thanks in advance.
Merridas Merridas is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles K. Kenyon View Post
You could, in your macro, turn off the protection, unlink, and then re-protect.

However, that may be overkill. I suspect that the StyleRef field may get you the result you want without adding a section break or changing the header/footer. http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...s.htm#STYLEREF

You could, also, only protect the portion with your table and leave other parts unprotected.
Option 3 is already used that's why I have a problem with gray'd unlink option. However Option 1 is helpful (Don't know why I didn't thought about it myself) but poses new threat ... password in macro easily to be found. I need to hide it somehow.
Option 2 to be researched if option 1 fails.

Thanks for ideas.