Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lindsay Lindsay is offline

Default Change footers individually without putting in section breaks

I am working on a document and I would like to change footers individually
without putting in section breaks. I have tried putting in section breaks but
it messes up the formatting of my whole document. Is there a way to change
footers one by one without putting in a whole bunch of section breaks?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Lindsay wrote:
I am working on a document and I would like to change footers
individually without putting in section breaks. I have tried putting
in section breaks but it messes up the formatting of my whole
document. Is there a way to change footers one by one without putting
in a whole bunch of section breaks?

That depends on exactly what and how you want to change them.

If you want to repeat something that appears in the text on the current
page, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

You can use IF fields to evaluate conditions and show different results
depending on the results. The conditions can be based on the page number (
{IF {PAGE} = 3 "Three" "something else"} ) or other things. If you want help
with this, post again, and our friend macropod will be along shortly to give
a better answer than I can.

You can anchor a frame or a textbox in the text on the page and position it
over the footer area to make a "fake footer". This is best done after all
editing of the document has been completed, so the frame or box doesn't
shift from one page to another.

Finally, you can learn to use section breaks in a way that doesn't "mess up
the formatting", whatever you mean by that. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman