Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] charliec@email.com is offline

Default Word 2013 - Welcome Back Pop-up?

In Word 2013, when I reopen a document that I have been working on, I get this
pop-up window that says "welcome back, etc, etc". I don't really care for it
and am wondering if there is a way to shut the pop-up off?

Thanks for any insights/suggestions.

charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, Word doesn't offer a simple way to turn off the prompt. In
some versions of Windows, you may be able to prevent access to registry
entries that control this. See
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...f-abd540e41a0a.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
In Word 2013, when I reopen a document that I have been working on, I get
this
pop-up window that says "welcome back, etc, etc". I don't really care for
it
and am wondering if there is a way to shut the pop-up off?

Thanks for any insights/suggestions.

charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
In Word 2013, when I reopen a document that I have been working on, I
get
this
pop-up window that says "welcome back, etc, etc". I don't really care
for
it
and am wondering if there is a way to shut the pop-up off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] charliec@email.com is offline

On Sun, 25 May 2014 18:15:31 +0200, "Stefan Blom" wrote:

Indeed.

Hi Stefan,
Good to see you here as well

I left you a message in the Forum.

Charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I was wondering if you were one and the same person, here and in the
Community. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:

Indeed.

Hi Stefan,
Good to see you here as well

I left you a message in the Forum.

Charlie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Christopher@rath.ca is offline

On Saturday, 24 May 2014 05:56:31 UTC+8, wrote:
In Word 2013, when I reopen a document that I have been working on, I get this
pop-up window that says "welcome back, etc, etc". I don't really care for it
and am wondering if there is a way to shut the pop-up off?

Thanks for any insights/suggestions.

charliec

A programmatic way to dismiss the Welcome Back panel is to put this code in your Normal.dotm file:

Sub AutoOpen()
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory, Extend:=wdMove
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory, Extend:=wdMove
End Sub

This code moves the cursor to the bottom of the document and then back up to the top.

If youd rather not fiddle with VBA macros, then Ive also put this capability into an Add-In. You can configure the add-in to dismiss the Welcome Back panel, and also to force documents to open in Draft View mode (or any other view of your choice); which restores functionality that MS removed in Word 2013. The add-in can be downloaded from:
http://rath.ca/Misc/VBA/Word/ViewMgr_v2.1.zip