Robert-e-Lee

Default How print an invitation that is not 8-1/2 x 11? e.g., 4.25 x 11? .

When I change paper size to 4.25 x 11 the invitation looks fine on the
screeen. But when I feed the custom paper through the feeder to print on my
HP laser printer, the text prints as if I'm printing on 8-1/2 x 11. I don't
understand--if I print an envelope, which is roughly the same dimensions, it
works fine. I was hoping to find a template, but all the templates assume
you're printing on 8-1/2 x 11 paper. Help!

Some printers don't handle custom sizes well. If the size is not one that is
supported by the printer driver, your best bet is to set up your text on a
Letter-sized document and increase the margins as needed to place it in the
4.25" x 11" position.

"Robert-e-Lee" wrote in message
When I change paper size to 4.25 x 11 the invitation looks fine on the
screeen. But when I feed the custom paper through the feeder to print on

my
HP laser printer, the text prints as if I'm printing on 8-1/2 x 11. I

don't
understand--if I print an envelope, which is roughly the same dimensions,

it
works fine. I was hoping to find a template, but all the templates assume
you're printing on 8-1/2 x 11 paper. Help!

Robert-e-Lee

Suzanne,

Thanks. I did what you suggested with one modification--I created a Word
"frame" on a letter-sized document--the frame is the dimensions of the paper
size and I start the frame at a position on the page so that it will be in
the 4-1/4 X 11 position.