Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurence peddle

Default how to create shortcut to equation editor on Word toolbar

In a Word document equation editor is reached bt clicking on "insert", then
"object", but a quicker way is to create a shortcut on the toolbar in the
form of the equation editor icon. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to do
it.I have Word 2002. Can anybody help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

On 15-Jan-2006, laurence peddle wrote:

In a Word document equation editor is reached bt clicking on "insert",
then "object", but a quicker way is to create a shortcut on the toolbar
in the form of the equation editor icon. Unfortunately, I've forgotten
how to do it.I have Word 2002. Can anybody help me?

Laurence, we have a document on our web site titled Equation Editor Tips &
Tricks. One of the tips is what you're asking about.

http://www.dessci.com/en/products/ee/ee_tips.htm

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open Tools | Customize. On the Commands tab, select the Insert category. In
the Commands list, scroll down to Equation Editor and drag it to a toolbar.

"laurence peddle" laurence wrote in
message ...
In a Word document equation editor is reached bt clicking on "insert",

then
"object", but a quicker way is to create a shortcut on the toolbar in the
form of the equation editor icon. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to do
it.I have Word 2002. Can anybody help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chander

Hi,

"EQNEDT32.EXE" this is the file name for Equation editor.....search this
file in u r machine and copy pase in u r desktop....

Thanks,
Chander.

"laurence peddle" wrote:

In a Word document equation editor is reached bt clicking on "insert", then
"object", but a quicker way is to create a shortcut on the toolbar in the
form of the equation editor icon. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to do
it.I have Word 2002. Can anybody help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I have to ask whether you actually read the replies that have been posted.
This is the third message you have posted a dubious reply to that I have
spotted today. In each case the thread had already been answered correctly
some time previously.

I have no wish to dampen your enthusiasm, but it might help if you
researched your answers before posting and look what has already been posted
in reply.

The equation editor can be started from the EQNEDT32.EXE executable file,
but that will not cause it to appear on the Word toolbar as requested or to
integrate with Word.