Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nurse Megan Nurse Megan is offline

Default Copy & Paste

I have an existing document w/ a graphic on it that I need to copy and paste.
The pic is in the header. I can copy it, but when I paste it the pic doesnt
show up, all i see is a little clipboard. What am I doing wrong??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's possible that when you're pasting the picture, it's including the
positioning options as well. So, what you're pasting is going over the
original picture--so you might actually have a number of pictures in that
location right now--one on top of the other.

The clipboard you see is the Paste Options button (Word 2003: Tools -
Options - Edit or Word 2007: Office button - Word Options - Advanced - Cut,
copy, and paste section). Given that you're seeing it, I suspect you're
using Word 2007, since I don't see that button when pasting graphics in Word
2003 -- only in Word 2007. It provides additional options for pasting,
relevant mostly when pasting text.

To copy that picture elsewhere, instead of copy/paste (which is going to
copy the formatting), try Ctrl+dragging it from the header to the new
location. If you want the picture moved rather than copied, then drag
without using Ctrl. (Or, try Paste - Paste Special - and choose an option
other than Microsoft Office Graphic Object.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Nurse Megan" Nurse wrote in message
I have an existing document w/ a graphic on it that I need to copy and
paste.
The pic is in the header. I can copy it, but when I paste it the pic
doesnt
show up, all i see is a little clipboard. What am I doing wrong??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are both documents open when you copy/paste? Or do you copy, double-click
another document to open it and then paste? Is what you see indeed the same
as the Paste icon and is the Paste Options button, as Herb described, or
does it just kind of look like a Clipboard which might look a little like a
mobile phone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Nurse Megan" Nurse wrote in message
I have an existing document w/ a graphic on it that I need to copy and
paste.
The pic is in the header. I can copy it, but when I paste it the pic
doesnt
show up, all i see is a little clipboard. What am I doing wrong??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nurse Megan[_2_] Nurse Megan[_2_] is offline

"Nurse Megan" wrote:

I have an existing document w/ a graphic on it that I need to copy and paste.
The pic is in the header. I can copy it, but when I paste it the pic doesnt
show up, all i see is a little clipboard. What am I doing wrong??

I am operating 2007, and your right, i think that it is text over a graphic.
I will try that and see if it works. Thank you for your help!! As for your
question as to wether the clipboard looks like a cell phone, it is a little
clipboard with a tiny piece of paper on it. Thanks for all your help!

copy and paste from web luddite Microsoft Word Help 2 March 15th 07 08:00 PM
Select all, copy and paste doesn't copy the header Jmill Microsoft Word Help 3 January 18th 07 10:32 PM
copy and paste Larry B Microsoft Word Help 1 November 14th 06 08:22 AM
copy and paste 00KobeBrian New Users 7 October 3rd 06 02:42 PM
How do I get copy/paste to copy/paste text and not the whole page Carol J. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 6th 05 09:03 PM