Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JScottA

Default Hyperlinks from Word 2003 not working in Mac Word 2004

A guy is sending me research reports with hyper links to both internet URLs
and links to local documents on a CD. The local documents try to open in my
web browser and do not act as they should be opening the local documents in
Word. Is there some setting I should have on my Mac version of Word that I
need to correct or is there some setting on his Windows version of Word that
needs to be changed?

The CDs that he sends me have the research report at the root level of the
CD. There is a folder that contains the reference files at the same level.
The hyperlinks are in the research document.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Hyperlinks are stored by Word as relative wherever possible. By default they
are relative to the location of the document when it was saved. So if, at
that time, the folder containing the hyperlinked files was in the same
directory as the document, the hyperlinks should transfer OK to the CD. If
that doesn't help I would need to know more about the document and the
links. One possibility is that there is a hyperlink base (under File
Properties) - and if there isn't, you may be able to set one to make them
work - although if you're working with a read-only document (off a CD) that
may complicate things.

All my knowledge is Windows - I don't know if there's anything Mac-specific
which may affect things differently.

--
Enjoy,
Tony