Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lindsay Holland Lindsay Holland is offline

Default Mail merge inserts initial blank in addressee-name line?

I'm merging a list of customer names & addrresses to print mailing labels,
and the results all have an unnecessary blank space (one character) inserted
before each name, so that it's indented one space w/ respect to the address
and city-state-ZIP Code lines below it. Note that these labels are just
customer company name, mailing address, and city-state-ZIP Code; there is no
line item for an individual person @ each company. Is this what creates the
blank? Regardless, how do I prevent its occurence? Thanks, Lindsay Holland
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I assume that you are using the AddressBlock. Instead of doing that, just
insert the individual mergefields in the configuration that you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP