Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Adler Phil Adler is offline

Default Importing Data to specific Fields in a Word Document

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel to certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number things like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus checkboxes etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then distribute
the form to the correct people to do the work is this possible ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Adler Phil Adler is offline

Great!!!!! how do i do it ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes it is possible.

"Phil Adler" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel to
certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number things
like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus checkboxes
etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then distribute
the form to the correct people to do the work is this possible ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Adler Phil Adler is offline

ok I figured out that I can use mail merge to move the data i needed, When i
click the mail merge button and choose edit in indivdual documents it gives
me an individual page for set of data, but NOT 1 page in 3 actual documents.

So now i have 3 pages in document with 3 sets of info. I need to be able to
save each page indivdually, i would think the edit in individual document
would do that but it didnt or did i miss a step or do something wrong.

Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Phil Adler" wrote:

Great!!!!! how do i do it ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes it is possible.

"Phil Adler" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel to
certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number things
like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus checkboxes
etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then distribute
the form to the correct people to do the work is this possible ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want three similar documents with different data you need three
records, then merge to a new document.
Had it been Word 2002/3 you could then split the merge using the add-in at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm , but I doubt that this
will work with 2007 (you could try the macro on that web page).

Phil Adler wrote:
ok I figured out that I can use mail merge to move the data i needed,
When i click the mail merge button and choose edit in indivdual
documents it gives me an individual page for set of data, but NOT 1
page in 3 actual documents.

So now i have 3 pages in document with 3 sets of info. I need to be
able to save each page indivdually, i would think the edit in
individual document would do that but it didnt or did i miss a step
or do something wrong.

Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Phil Adler" wrote:

Great!!!!! how do i do it ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes it is possible.

"Phil Adler" wrote in message
news Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel to
certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number
things like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus
checkboxes etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then
distribute the form to the correct people to do the work is this
possible ? --
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Adler Phil Adler is offline

Ill take a look at that macro. When you say 3 different records do you mean 3
different excel spreadsheets. Lets say I have a spreadsheet with 50 different
rows of input is each line a new record ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Phil Adler wrote:
ok I figured out that I can use mail merge to move the data i needed,
When i click the mail merge button and choose edit in indivdual
documents it gives me an individual page for set of data, but NOT 1
page in 3 actual documents.

So now i have 3 pages in document with 3 sets of info. I need to be
able to save each page indivdually, i would think the edit in
individual document would do that but it didnt or did i miss a step
or do something wrong.

Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Phil Adler" wrote:

Great!!!!! how do i do it ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes it is possible.

"Phil Adler" wrote in message
news Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel to
certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number
things like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus
checkboxes etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then
distribute the form to the correct people to do the work is this
possible ? --
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Adler Phil Adler is offline

That file listed above worked fine in word 2007 thank you vey much, one last
question for anyone.

Basically i have to un-protect the document for comments to make the mail
merge work then after the merge re-protect the document for comments to save
the data that we dont want changed. Is there a way of having mail merge work
when the document is protected or a script that can run at the end of the
merge to do it automatically. Otherwise will have to open 100 documents and
reprotect them ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Phil Adler wrote:
ok I figured out that I can use mail merge to move the data i needed,
When i click the mail merge button and choose edit in indivdual
documents it gives me an individual page for set of data, but NOT 1
page in 3 actual documents.

So now i have 3 pages in document with 3 sets of info. I need to be
able to save each page indivdually, i would think the edit in
individual document would do that but it didnt or did i miss a step
or do something wrong.

Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Phil Adler" wrote:

Great!!!!! how do i do it ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes it is possible.

"Phil Adler" wrote in message
news Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel to
certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number
things like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus
checkboxes etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then
distribute the form to the correct people to do the work is this
possible ? --
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I meant three lines of data - or in your case its apparently now 50 lines?

?

Phil Adler wrote:
ok I figured out that I can use mail merge to move the data i
needed, When i click the mail merge button and choose edit in
indivdual documents it gives me an individual page for set of data,
but NOT 1 page in 3 actual documents.

So now i have 3 pages in document with 3 sets of info. I need to be
able to save each page indivdually, i would think the edit in
individual document would do that but it didnt or did i miss a step
or do something wrong.

Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Phil Adler" wrote:

Great!!!!! how do i do it ?
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes it is possible.

"Phil Adler" wrote in
message news Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to import data from excel
to certains
fields in a word document. (i.e Name computer number phone number
things like
that) I have a form i made in wprd 2007 with drop down menus
checkboxes etc,
we would like to import certain info into these fields and then
distribute the form to the correct people to do the work is this
possible ? --
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Adler Phil Adler is offline

yes it could end up being quite a lot of data. This is a installation
checklist for an IT dept when we swap out old systems for new ones and we
wanted to try and fill in as much as we can prior to sending it out to the
tech
--
Thanks,

Phil Adler

Phil Adler wrote:
ok I figured out that I can use mail merge to move the data i
needed, When i click the mail merge button and choose edit in
indivdual documents it gives me an individual page for set of data,
but NOT 1 page in 3 actual documents.

So now i have 3 pages in document with 3 sets of info. I need to be
able to save each page indivdually, i would think the edit in
individual document would do that but it didnt or did i miss a step
or do something wrong.

Thanks,

Phil Adler

"Phil Adler" wrote: