Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
houweipeng via OfficeKB.com houweipeng via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default linked file issue in Word 2007/Excel 2007

Hi All,

I encounter a strange issue in word 2007/Excel 2007.

1.Start Word 2007/Excel 2007 Application.
2.Insert a linked file.
3.Save this Word 2007/Excel 2007 document and close this document.
4.Reopen this document, dont modify any and close it.

I got a prompt to save changes to this document, but I didn't modify any. Is
it as designed by Word 2007/Excel 2007 or the Word 2007/Excel 2007 error?

If this issue is the the Word 2007/Excel 2007 error, how to resolve this
error?

Thanks in advance.
Weipeng

--
侯伟鹏

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have Word configured to update links on opening a document then that
will be seen as a change that might require saving.

houweipeng via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Hi All,

I encounter a strange issue in word 2007/Excel 2007.

1.Start Word 2007/Excel 2007 Application.
2.Insert a linked file.
3.Save this Word 2007/Excel 2007 document and close this document.
4.Reopen this document, don't modify any and close it.

I got a prompt to save changes to this document, but I didn't modify
any. Is it as designed by Word 2007/Excel 2007 or the Word 2007/Excel
2007 error?

If this issue is the the Word 2007/Excel 2007 error, how to resolve
this error?

Thanks in advance.
Weipeng

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Graham Mayor wrote:
If you have Word configured to update links on opening a document then that
will be seen as a change that might require saving.

Hi All,

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
Thanks in advance.
Weipeng

Thanks your reply in advance. But I had configured the update automatic links
at open option to false.(Word Options-Advanced-General-Update automatic
links at open). When we open the document which contains the linked file, I
wonder which options also can affect the linked document except Update
automatic links at open.

Weipeng

--
侯伟鹏