Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brian Dinning author Brian Dinning author is offline

Default toc number alignment

Hi,
I am having extreme problems with trying to align page numbers in table of
contents. No tech person has been able to help me yet. The numbers do not end
up in a straight line but instead zigzag down the toc. Any help? By the way,
I created the initial toc in MS Word 2003 but then took it home and tried in
in MS Word 2000 which seemed to mess it up.
Thanks in advance!
--
Brian D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

First of all, try selecting the entire TOC and pressing Ctrl+Q. If the TOC
styles are properly defined, this should correct the problem.

If this results in a discrepancy between *levels* in the TOC, then you'll
need to adjust the tab stops in the TOC styles that are incorrect. The
easiest way to do this is to drag them on the ruler. You can do this in one
entry at a given level and, since the styles are set to update
automatically, the change will be propagated to all entries at that level.
If necessary, you can use the Format | Tabs dialog to set them precisely;
again, the change in one entry will update the style.

http://word.mvps.org

"Brian Dinning author" wrote
in message ...