Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
birdfishy birdfishy is offline

Default Is it possible to increase memory in Word 2003?

I get a "Word does not have sufficient memory" message. Usually nothing
happens (no crash) , but it is a nuisance. This usually happens when
translating large files.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

As far as I know you cannot specifically increase the memory that Word uses.
This problem unfortunaly cannot be answered in one simple solution.
This problem is usually down to either; 1) The file is starting corrupt; or
2) You have too many applications (particularly MS) open at once.

To solve 1). try Open and Repair?
In the File Open dialog, there is a downward-pointing arrow on the right
end of the Open button. After choosing the file, click that arrow to get a
small menu. Click "Open and Repair" in that menu.

2. Obvious.
Do you keep your hard drives clean? ie clean up all those temp files? Other
options.
You can increasing your virtual memory for windows. Clean Up your harddrive.
Defrag your drives. Increase you RAM. Defrag your pagesys.

Hope this helps.
Best of luck
DeanH