Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
associates associates is offline

Default can not select an object to delete it from word

Hi,

I was trying to delete blank pages which are at the end of the document in
word. I have been reading helps and tips people posted on the internet but to
no avail. Then, i happen to see an object right at the bottom of the last
page. It looks like a straight line but is greyed out. I have been trying to
select it but to no avail. Initially, i thought it was part of the footer but
it was not. There must be some ways of being able to select it.

By the way, this is for Office 03 word application.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click on the Show/Hide button ¶ and delete all of the empty paragraphs.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Associates" wrote in message
Hi,

I was trying to delete blank pages which are at the end of the document in
word. I have been reading helps and tips people posted on the internet but
no avail. Then, i happen to see an object right at the bottom of the last
page. It looks like a straight line but is greyed out. I have been trying
select it but to no avail. Initially, i thought it was part of the footer
but
it was not. There must be some ways of being able to select it.

By the way, this is for Office 03 word application.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
associates associates is offline

Thank you Doug for your reply.

I did as advised but did not work yet. There are 4 extra empty pages tagging
right the end of the document. However, not sure if this would help you to
help me. The header of those extra pages were very long in terms of heights.
It's almost close to the footer. And it said Header -Section7. Not sure if
there are anything that actually is pushing it to the next few pages. I have
tried and pressed the "delete" key many times.

Thank you in advance

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm. But if the header is
extreme, the document may be corrupted. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

http://word.mvps.org