Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
gerry

Default word cannot open file as a data or header source bec it is a mail merge main doc

I have a list of address and want to do envelops. When I go to get data
source in mail merge I get this message: word cannot open file as a data
or header source becauce it is a mail merge main document.
When I saved the list of addresses how did it save the doc?
Help
Thanks
gerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

and maybe "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.