Danny Sanders

Default File opens ad read only

Win 2k domain Win 2k client, Office XP on the client. This user recently got
"full control" permission to a folder she previously did not have access to.
When opening files from this folder they only open as read only. She has
access to other folders with Office files that she access over the network,
that open normally.
So far I have went to MS update for Office and got all available updates, no
change.
Removed the patch MS05-011 using add remove programs, no change.
Upgraded this user's Office package from XP to 2003 with all 2003 updates,
no change.

Only the files in this folder, but it is *every* file in this folder, get
opened as read only. There are no permissions on the individual files
either. I added my account to the folder with full permission and all the
files I open are "read only".

The only thing I can think is that *maybe* the folder name is too long, but
there are others accessing the files there with no problem.

Folder name is: Project Management

Any Ideas?

TIA
DDS