Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
surferboy surferboy is offline

Default how do i insert pictures and text on a page

I'm a computer novice, using MS office word 2007
Is it possible to put a row of 5 or 6 photos (resized approx 2''x2'') down
the right side of a page and have the relevent text down the left side ???
I have managed to write text, and have managed to insert and resize and play
with the photos, but things keep moving and refusing to go where i want them
if i do both together

ta surferboy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried using a table with two columns, with or without borders - your
choice.
Depending on the look yuu are after you can have a row per image this will
ensure that the text in the opposite cell will be aligned nicely.
When using a table cell, ensure that the images are "InLineWithText" and not
floating, this will negate any problems with the images not being where you
want them to be exactly.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"surferboy" wrote:

I'm a computer novice, using MS office word 2007
Is it possible to put a row of 5 or 6 photos (resized approx 2''x2'') down
the right side of a page and have the relevent text down the left side ???
I have managed to write text, and have managed to insert and resize and play
with the photos, but things keep moving and refusing to go where i want them
if i do both together

ta surferboy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you happen to have Publisher, you may find this task a lot easier. If
not, use a two-column table.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"surferboy" wrote in message
I'm a computer novice, using MS office word 2007
Is it possible to put a row of 5 or 6 photos (resized approx 2''x2'') down
the right side of a page and have the relevent text down the left side ???
I have managed to write text, and have managed to insert and resize and
play
with the photos, but things keep moving and refusing to go where i want
them
if i do both together

ta surferboy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
surferboy surferboy is offline

thanks guys

i thought i could just put pictures on the page and then use text wrap to
put text around them. silly me...i should know nothing on a computer is that
staight forward.
seems whenever i solve one part of a puzzle another part comes up.........
managed to put two columns on page and resize them but i cant get anything
in the right column. the little black mark that shows where your letters are
going stays on the left column
how do i put my photos on the right column ?

whats the best book to buy that helps me do basic stuff, and describes it in
basic english (not computer language) WITH PICTURES ! so i dont have to keep
asking silly questions

"surferboy" wrote in message
I'm a computer novice, using MS office word 2007
Is it possible to put a row of 5 or 6 photos (resized approx 2''x2'') down
the right side of a page and have the relevent text down the left side ???
I have managed to write text, and have managed to insert and resize and
play
with the photos, but things keep moving and refusing to go where i want
them
if i do both together

ta surferboy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
surferboy surferboy is offline

bugger
thought i had it
got my two columns. managed to insert pictures into right side (still not
sure how i did that ?) then commenced writing in left colmn
Then the computer decided after a few lines that it didnt like the pictures
where i wanted them so it started moving them down onto another page !!!
How do i glue the pictures onto the page so they dont dance around
this is getting so frustrating !

ta surferboy