Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default cross-reference an endnote in more than one place

Is it possible to cross-reference an endnote in more than one place?
I have put a book name in endnote and I want to cross-reference its name in
many palces in the body of my paper

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can cross-reference the same item multiple times, via the
Cross-Reference dialog box. Alternatively, you can use copy and paste
on an inserted cross-reference to duplicate it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Is it possible to cross-reference an endnote in more than one place?
I have put a book name in endnote and I want to cross-reference its
name in
many palces in the body of my paper

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

copy/ paste of an inserted cross-reference is a good idea if you want to
reference the same cross-reference, with a minor difference (let say same
book name with different page number), as it produces the same endnote
automatically and update the reference number. But, what I am looking for, is
the that the cross-reference book name appears only once in the endnote.
Maybe my request is odd with endnote definition.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can cross-reference the same item multiple times, via the
Cross-Reference dialog box. Alternatively, you can use copy and paste
on an inserted cross-reference to duplicate it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Is it possible to cross-reference an endnote in more than one place?
I have put a book name in endnote and I want to cross-reference its
name in
many palces in the body of my paper

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

sorry for late response. As in my previous post. I am trying to reference a
book name more than once. (I have put a book name in endnote). Using
cross-reference command, didn't bring enndnote reference in the window to
choose it. If it is possible to reference a book name more than once in
endnote, I think it should be by another method, not by cross-reference
command. Am I wrong?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan