I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?

Old January 3rd 10, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
virginia

Default I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?

My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my
licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation?
Old January 3rd 10, 11:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version
that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that
particular PC.

If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from
that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the
trial version first.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

Old January 4th 10, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Yesterday I found that for some reason my normal.dotm on the new
laptop had lost its keyboard shortcuts and macros, so as I was going
to have to copy normal.dotm over from the desktop again anyway, I
tried deleting the Home & Student trial version that my installation
of Enterprise had glommed onto -- without deleting and then
reinstalling Enterprise; and it works fine (and the "noncommercial
use" note in the title bar is gone).

BTW it's a mystery why the normal.dotm got replaced; I haven't gone on
line from the laptop (because I can't figure out how to make the wifi
work).