Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glen Glen is offline

Default Includepicture mailmerging to results (of current record only)

Hi,

I am doing a mail merge with three pictures conditionally included in the
document. Example code for first picture below:

{ IF { MERGEFIELD photo_1_Name } "" { INCLUDEPICTURE "E:\\path\\{
MERGEFIELD "Photo_1_Name" }.jpg" ""}

-aside: is there a simple way to copy and past fields into this dialogue
box? I had to type that all out :-(

The path is correct, as it can find the images, it just isn't processing the
links properly.

The code inside a table, to assist with layout. Taking it outside the table
doesn't help.

This was merging fine, with the INCLUDE picture field still a field in the
results. However, when I merge to new document now, I just get images from
whatever the last selected record was when I updated field codes in the
master document.

I already have the |Tools|Options|General|Web Options|Save fields as
results| turned off, but it hasn't helped.

Can you shed any light? Thanks in advance,

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glen Glen is offline

Found the answer at this post.

It appears the results of if statements get hard coded and the Include
picture field falls over, when the merge is done. The solution is to nest
the if statement inside the include picture field, not the other way around.
Use a 1x1 image for the includepicture where the if statement returns a
false.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xp=&sloc=en-us

"Glen" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The answer to your other question can be found at
http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm

Mailmerging Hettie143 Mailmerge 1 June 2nd 06 08:20 PM
Need help merging current record. oakleyp2 Mailmerge 3 February 22nd 06 06:50 PM
Mailmerging graphics .... Ian P Mailmerge 0 May 14th 05 03:15 AM
Mailmerging graphics only works on first record - how can I get Word to print a new graphic for each record? Graham Mayor Mailmerge 3 May 13th 05 08:00 PM
mailmerging question indmax21 Mailmerge 1 December 28th 04 04:16 PM