Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janick Janick is offline

Default Creating multiple indices spanning multiple documents

I have been scratching my head over this one for a few days now and I haven't
found any solutions on the internet. I really hope someone can help me out
here.

I've written a book (in Word 2007) with each chapter as a separate document.
Now I need to create indices for subject, names and tables. This is easily
done using the \f "x" switch in the field code, but here's the rub: I need to
create the indices in separate documents (one for subject, one for names
etc). I thought this would be easy enough using the RD field code, but when I
add the \f "x" flag, it either returns "no entries found" or it gives me
everything I've indexed regardless of the various \f "x" flags I've added to
the entries in the chapters.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible?

Best
Janick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

My experience, in a quick test, is that this *does* work correctly.

Are you sure that you inserted the correct document paths in the RD fields,
and that you have the \f switch in the TOC field(s)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Janick" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janick Janick is offline

Thanks, Stefan, I realized that there was a step missing in the guide I used,
viz the insertion of the index field + the \f switch. It is now working.

Thanks
Janick

"Janick" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement