Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NewToEW NewToEW is offline

Default Spell Checker Not Working in Office 2007

I, apparently as several from reviewing the posts, cannot get the Spell
Checker to work in Office 2007. This includes Word, Excel and Outlook (not
Outlook Express).

I have checked all the obvious, such as:

Primary Language is: English (US)
Keyboard is: English (US)
Proofing Options in Word, etc.: Set properly for automatic spell checking
(although when I force a spell check on a word that I purposely misspelled,
it still fails).

Speaking of forcing a spell check operation, it returns the message:
Spelling and Grammar check complete, but it does not catch any misspellings,
ONLY the grammar errors.

The status bar on the bottom of any Word document brings up a small pop-up
menu with several options, one of which is "Customize Status Bar". Language
is checked, but there is nothing associated with it, and checking it on and
off does nothing to the status bar, nor does it present any type of window to
allow for language selection.

If I take the document to a computer running Word 2000, it spell checks just
fine.

Does anyone have anymore specific information on how this can be corrected?
It seems like this might be a flaw in Office 2007, but I can't seem to find
any workaround for it.
--
Thanks, COOP