Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default Is it posbl to hv option in a field?

Dear All

In word form, at the bottom I will have a date field. But sometimes I might
take out a print out one week before the required date or would like to put a
projected date.

Hence, how to make this field accesbl?
br/captgnvr
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Brian is offline

See
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm and the linked
article on date fields.

--
Brian McCaffery

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

Dear All

In word form, at the bottom I will have a date field. But sometimes I might
take out a print out one week before the required date or would like to put a
projected date.

Hence, how to make this field accesbl?
br/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

D/Brian

Thanks for the link and I read same.

I was looking for a easier way to have that particular date field
unprotected, so that if anyone want to use a different date they can over
type.

brgds/captgnvr

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

Dear All

In word form, at the bottom I will have a date field. But sometimes I might
take out a print out one week before the required date or would like to put a
projected date.

Hence, how to make this field accesbl?
br/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If we assume that the date field is bookmarked Text1 then set the type of
field as date with no default entry.
Run the following macro on entry to that field and it will insert today's
date but leave it editable should you wish to change it later.

Sub AddDate()
Dim myDate As Date
myDate = format(Date, "dd/MM/yy")
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result = myDate
End Sub