Dolly

Default change the toolbars that appear when I open new document?

I've recently moved to Windows XP/Word 2003. I want specific toolbars to
display every time I open Word/new document. When I open a new document, I
can change the toolbars, but I can't get the change to stick - once I exit
the document and Word and reopen Word, it reverts to the old toolbars.
Charles Kenyon

You can record a macro and name it AutoNew.
When you record it, display the toolbars you want to show.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Dolly" wrote in message
I've recently moved to Windows XP/Word 2003. I want specific toolbars to
display every time I open Word/new document. When I open a new document,
can change the toolbars, but I can't get the change to stick - once I exit
the document and Word and reopen Word, it reverts to the old toolbars.

Dolly

Thanks. Problem is...I don't know anything about recording Macros. Plus it
seems like there's got to be a way to tell Word "these are the toolbars I
want to display every time I open a document."

"Dolly" wrote in message
I've recently moved to Windows XP/Word 2003. I want specific toolbars to
display every time I open Word/new document. When I open a new document,
can change the toolbars, but I can't get the change to stick - once I exit
the document and Word and reopen Word, it reverts to the old toolbars.

Graham Mayor

It's time you learned about macros - see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for an idiot's guide

I don't know what toolbars you want selected, but the following code will
give you a clue as to what is required:

CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = True
CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = True

Save the macro with the name Autonew
(the three lines of code will display the reviewing and forms toolbar but
turn off the drawing toolbar). You can get the names of your toolbars by
right clicking the toolbar area.