debsumrall

Default How do I maintain absolute hyperlinks in a saved document?

Word XP: I create a hyperlink to a file on the network. However, when I
save the original doc, the hyperlink becomes relative to the saved location
of the original doc. I do not want to change the hyperlink base, because I
want links to docs in various network locations. Any ideas?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGVic3VtcmFsbA==?=,

Word XP: I create a hyperlink to a file on the network. However, when I
save the original doc, the hyperlink becomes relative to the saved location
of the original doc. I do not want to change the hyperlink base, because I
want links to docs in various network locations.

Check in Tools/Options/General/Web options/Files. There's a checkbox in there
(fourth from the top, I think) that "updates links on save". Turn it off.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org