Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joseph Morales Joseph Morales is offline

Default Word 2007 - Draft View and Pictures

Since I upgraded to Word 2007, any pictures in my document are no longer
displayed when Word is in Draft View. I have to switch to Print Layout or Web
Layout to see the pictures. Is there a way to get them to appear in Draft
View?

Thanks,
--
Joseph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Drawing objects have NEVER displayed in Draft view - that's why it is called
Draft View.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Joseph Morales" wrote in message
Since I upgraded to Word 2007, any pictures in my document are no longer
displayed when Word is in Draft View. I have to switch to Print Layout or
Web
Layout to see the pictures. Is there a way to get them to appear in Draft
View?

Thanks,
--
Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joseph Morales[_2_] Joseph Morales[_2_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Drawing objects have NEVER displayed in Draft view - that's why it is
called Draft View.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I mean jpegs that were
pulled into the document using Insert / Picture. It seems to me that they
did formerly appear in the Word 2003 version of Draft view.

Thanks, Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Terry, inline pictures do appear in Word 2003 in Normal view; it's the floating
ones that disappear.

In Word 2007's Draft view the inline pictures are invisible but still occupy
space within the text. You can't even get a box to show with the Picture
Placeholders option. This was not one of Microsoft's better decisions.

P.S.: Hi, Joe! How are things going in Mission? I've shifted over to MCP
networking development.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:17:44 +0100, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

No they didn't.

Terry

"Joseph Morales" wrote in message
"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Drawing objects have NEVER displayed in Draft view - that's why it is
called Draft View.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I mean jpegs that were
pulled into the document using Insert / Picture. It seems to me that they
did formerly appear in the Word 2003 version of Draft view.

Thanks, Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Terry, inline pictures do appear in Word 2003 in Normal view...
In Word 2007's Draft view the inline pictures are invisible but still
occupy
space within the text. You can't even get a box to show with the Picture
Placeholders option. This was not one of Microsoft's better decisions.

Jay, Thanks for the info. I'm still getting used to Word 2007 (it's taking a
long time!).

P.S.: Hi, Joe! How are things going in Mission? I've shifted over to MCP
networking development.

Keeping busy, thanks!

Take care, Joseph