Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
renee renee is offline

Default Page Number on first page starts w/2

We are using an old memo template (2003) in Word 2007, and the page numbering
on the template starts with 2 on the first page. We can't seem to get it to
change. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Renee wrote:
We are using an old memo template (2003) in Word 2007, and the page
numbering on the template starts with 2 on the first page. We can't
seem to get it to change. Any suggestions?

What have you tried?

This should work: On the Insert tab, click the Page Numbers button and
choose Format Page Numbers from the menu. At the bottom of the dialog, type
the number 1 in the Start At box and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If Jay's sugggestion does not work, there is a possibility that a formula is
being used to add one to the page numnber. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the
display of Field codes and make sure that where the page number is being
displayed that there is just a { PAGE } or { Page } field and not { = {
PAGE } + 1 }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Renee" wrote in message
We are using an old memo template (2003) in Word 2007, and the page
numbering
on the template starts with 2 on the first page. We can't seem to get it
change. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In addition to the suggestions Jay and Doug offered, go to the Layout tab of
Page Setup and make sure that the section start type is not "Even page."

http://word.mvps.org