Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default TOC in the Left Pane

I am trying to create a Word doc with 2 panes. The left will have the
table of contents (TOC) and the right pane the subject. The doc should
look like chm format. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you are using Word 2003, you'll find the commands to do this on the
Frames toolbar.

If you are using Word 2007, add the appropriate commands to the Quick Access
Toolbar. Here's how: Click the Office button, and then click Word Options.
In the Customize category, locate (say) the Table of Contents in Frame
command and click the Add button; Word adds it to the QAT.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP