Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
drartd2 drartd2 is offline

Default How can I reformat line numbers to match my text format?

In some documents I use line numbering (ie legal style). I can't find a way
to format the line numbers to match the format of my text, and the numbers
look awful.

How can this be done?

ad
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Modify the Line Number character style to suit your needs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"drartd2" wrote in message
In some documents I use line numbering (ie legal style). I can't find a
way
to format the line numbers to match the format of my text, and the numbers
look awful.

How can this be done?

ad

Luana Luana is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drartd2 View Post
In some documents I use line numbering (ie legal style). I can't find a way
to format the line numbers to match the format of my text, and the numbers
look awful.

How can this be done?

ad
Hi drartd2,

Apparently, you can modify the "Line Number" style to format line numbers tomatch texts.
There are also other approaches you may apply to achieve the object.

Method 1: Alter “Normal” Style to Change the Style of Line Numbers

Line numbers are in default paragraph style. So, if you change the normal style of texts before adding line numbers, they will be applied with new styles which will match that of the texts.

Method 2: Run Word Macro to Change Line Number Style

Open VBA editor and create a new module.
Then paste and run the following macro:

Sub AlterLineNumberStyle()
Dim objDoc As Document

Set objDoc = ActiveDocument

With objDoc.Styles("Line Number").Font
.Name = "Arial"
.Size = 12
.ColorIndex = wdBlue
End With
End Sub

Certainly, you need to change the font name and size in the codes to meet your requirements.

For more detailed information, you can refer to this article:

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/6-ha...word-document/

Hope this helps!

Luana

Last edited by Luana : May 2nd 17 at 04:07 AM