Frenchy

Default WordML : protect my tags

Hi all,

I'd like to protect tags added with an add-in I created using C# .net.

Tags are inserted like this:
MyTag
tHello/t
/r
/p
/Mytag

The event XMLAfterInsert fires when I add my tag, but the event
XMLBeforeDelete doesn't fire when the user erase the tag (with his keyboard).

So i'm trying to protect my tags but nothing really works...I tried to use
the XMLSelectionChange event, but there's still bugs here.

Someone has an idea...how could I protect my tags from being deleted by users?

Thx,

Frenchy
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RnJlbmNoeQ==?=,

Try opening the document in Word. Tools/Protect document - Protection task
pane. Activate the Editing Restrictions, and protect the document as Read-Only.

Now select only the areas in the document where the user is allowed to make any
changes, and click the "Everyone" box.

I'd like to protect tags added with an add-in I created using C# .net.

Tags are inserted like this:
MyTag
tHello/t
/r
/p
/Mytag

The event XMLAfterInsert fires when I add my tag, but the event
XMLBeforeDelete doesn't fire when the user erase the tag (with his keyboard).

So i'm trying to protect my tags but nothing really works...I tried to use
the XMLSelectionChange event, but there's still bugs here.

Someone has an idea...how could I protect my tags from being deleted by users?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)