Launching Adobe Reader on PDF Creation

Old February 10th 10, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RizzKid

Default Launching Adobe Reader on PDF Creation

Running XP Pro SP3, Office 2007. I run an old Acrobat 6 for pdf creation and
modification. I recently installed Adobe Reader 9 for pdf reading. When I
double-click a pdf document, it correctly launches Reader 9. When I use MS
Word 2007 to save a Word doc as a pdf, telling it to open the document when
created, it automatically launches Acrobat 6 instead of Reader 9. I see lots
of classes pointing at Acrobat 6, but hesitate to modify the registry
directly. Is there a Word option (or an Adobe Reader setting) that would
allow Word to launch Reader 9, or even worse, must I modify my registry?

Saving Word to Adobe Reader Ant Microsoft Word Help 7 April 4th 07 04:56 AM
Flipping between Word and Adobe Reader Foxtrotsky Microsoft Word Help 7 May 27th 06 10:56 PM
Adobe Reader FUSTRATED Page Layout 1 January 12th 06 03:45 PM
How to prevent Adobe Acrobat from launching when opening Word? Don Metznik Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 05 08:19 AM
How to prevent Adobe Acrobat from launching when opening Word? Don Metznik Microsoft Word Help 0 January 22nd 05 07:15 PM