Danny

Default How do I keep the "Same as Previous" option off on the Header tool

I have a large document that I insert change pages into from time-to-time. I
need to maintain the integrity of the document by identifying each page
separately. When one-page changes I change the header of that page to reflect
when the change was made. Even though I've turned off the "Same as Previous"
option, I've noticed it comes on sometimes and I don't know why. Is there a
way to turn it off and keep it off?
Stefan Blom

Unfortunately, "Same as Previous" is turned on by default as you
create a new section.

Also note that each section can have up to three different headers
(and footers); it does if you enabled "Different first page" and
"Different odd and even" on the Layout tab of FilePage Setup. You'll
have to turn "Same as Previous" off for each type of header, as well
as for each type of footer. (If you always limit a section to a page,
I guess you shouldn't be [directly] affected by this.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP