Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peedee Peedee is offline

Default How to accept additional text inserted into an existing document?

Can anyone advise how to directly convert a text, added by another writer as
an insert (another color and underlined), into my existing draft document,
without having to re-type all of it? It's a lengthy insert (and marked as
such) and I thought that perhaps there is a straight-forward way to accept it
into my document. I am running Office Word 2003.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peedee Peedee is offline

Default How to accept additional text inserted into an existing docume

Thanks Suzanne. When I use the "Accept Change" command, the insert is
integrated. But, it originally came in underlined and in red (the rest of the
document is in black, without a general underlining). I do not seem to be
able to change the insert further (i.e. it is still red and underlined). Any
further advise?
Thanks again.

"PeeDee" wrote in message
Can anyone advise how to directly convert a text, added by another writer

as
an insert (another color and underlined), into my existing draft document,
without having to re-type all of it? It's a lengthy insert (and marked as
such) and I thought that perhaps there is a straight-forward way to accept

it
into my document. I am running Office Word 2003.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's possible that it's actually been formatted that way by DeltaView or
some similar reviewing add-in, in which case you'll have to remove the
formatting manually.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select it and click Accept Change on the Reviewing toolbar.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PeeDee" wrote in message
Can anyone advise how to directly convert a text, added by another

writer
as
an insert (another color and underlined), into my existing draft

document,
without having to re-type all of it? It's a lengthy insert (and marked

as
such) and I thought that perhaps there is a straight-forward way to

accept
it
into my document. I am running Office Word 2003.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peedee Peedee is offline

Thanks again Suzanne. When I went back to try things again, I found that the
'accept' command was working correctly. So, I suspect that when I first did
it, I was not being careful enough. Anyway, all seems well now. You were
great!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's possible that it's actually been formatted that way by DeltaView or
some similar reviewing add-in, in which case you'll have to remove the
formatting manually.

news