Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anderflash Anderflash is offline

Default Date field doesn't update

If I put a date field, save and close the doc, change the system date and
open the doc, the date field updates.
But if I put a date field and a control from the control toolbox, save and
close the doc, change the system date and open the doc, the date field
doesn't update.
Why is this happening? I only solve this, doing the AutoOpen macro? Or is
there a solution that doesn't use the macro/VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use a { CREATEDATE } field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Anderflash" wrote in message
If I put a date field, save and close the doc, change the system date and
open the doc, the date field updates.
But if I put a date field and a control from the control toolbox, save and
close the doc, change the system date and open the doc, the date field
doesn't update.
Why is this happening? I only solve this, doing the AutoOpen macro? Or is
there a solution that doesn't use the macro/VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anderflash Anderflash is offline

You didn't understand me at all.

I changed the system date only for test, nothing more.

What I want to say is:
Imagine you doing a document with a simple date field ({date} - ex: today is
March 20th). Save and close. Wait for tomorrow (If you don't want to change
the system date). Open the document and the date field will show March 21th.
Well, I believe that this is easy to understand. This is the common behaviour.
But imagine that you (on March 20th) create the same document, but adding a
option button from the control toolbox. Save and close. Wait for tomorrow.
Open and the date field will show March 20th (not March 21th).

Is this a bug?

If this continues complicated, ask me to receive a example in your e-mail.
Thanks for the attention

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Sorry I may have misunderstood the question. Under what circumstances do
you want the date to update WITHOUT changing the system date?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Anderflash" wrote in message
If I put a date field, save and close the doc, change the system date and
open the doc, the date field updates.
But if I put a date field and a control from the control toolbox, save and
close the doc, change the system date and open the doc, the date field
doesn't update.
Why is this happening? I only solve this, doing the AutoOpen macro? Or is
there a solution that doesn't use the macro/VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anderflash Anderflash is offline

But there is a competition using this task, and for training I need to do
exactly what the task shows. Thus, I need to know why is this happening, or
if this doesn't have solution.
Thanks for the attention.