Kim

Default Saving file as Mac type

Just went from Word 2002 to Word 2003. Save As File Type box no longer has
Word for Mac listed. What did I miss during Office installation?

Thanks for any help!
CyberTaz

Hi Kim-

You missed nothing during installation, but perhaps you've been napping for
the last 6-8 years

Since Word 6 (Mac) & Word 97 (PC), both systems have used the same file
type. The only need for conversion is if you are dealing with a version of
Word that preceeds those or documents created by one of those earlier
versions.

HTH |:)

"Kim" wrote:

Just went from Word 2002 to Word 2003. Save As File Type box no longer has
Word for Mac listed. What did I miss during Office installation?

Thanks for any help!

Kim

HTH,

No wonder I'm so refreshed! :-) I just figured if one had the Save As
format and the other one didn't.......... That's what I get for figuring.

Thanks for your help!

Kim

"Kim" wrote:

Just went from Word 2002 to Word 2003. Save As File Type box no longer has
Word for Mac listed. What did I miss during Office installation?

Thanks for any help!

garfield-n-odie

The .mcw file converter is included in Word 2002 and earlier, but
it is one of several file converters that were removed from Word
2003 for security reasons.