Frustrated Tech

Default Multi-user workstation and Tools/options/file locations

Our IT Department deployed office 2003. They installed office where the app
installs at a first time use for a user. I support the users in our
department on workstations where as many as four different users will login.

Currently, the first time a user logs in and their profile is created on the
XP workstation, they must go into the office product (Word, Excel, etc) file
location setting and point to the WORD startup and template locations. In
office 2000, performing this one time was global to all users. Now it has to
be performed by every user that logs onto a workstation.

Question: Is there a global file/setting that will affect all users that
login to a workstation and point their file settings to the same location
(other than the defaulted C:\program files\microsoft office\etc....? I have
searched the web for hours without success. Your help is VERY MUCH
appreciated.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBUZWNo?=,

Currently, the first time a user logs in and their profile is created on the
XP workstation, they must go into the office product (Word, Excel, etc) file
location setting and point to the WORD startup and template locations. In
office 2000, performing this one time was global to all users. Now it has to
be performed by every user that logs onto a workstation.

Question: Is there a global file/setting that will affect all users that
login to a workstation and point their file settings to the same location
(other than the defaulted C:\program files\microsoft office\etc....? I have
searched the web for hours without success.

Try asking in the Office.setup newsgroup. I'm guessing you should be able to do
this using a system policy. You should also look in the Office Resource Kit
(ORK).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org