John@NGC

Default System Slowdown using Word 2003

My entire system slows down (90 to 100% cpu cycles) while in Word 2003. When
I bring up the Tools/Options menu it goes back to a smaller percentage 20 -44
if that's any help. My Company recently upgraded from 2000 where I did not
experience this. I have tried many setting changes without success. Also I
have searched this site for the word "slow" and have not found an answer. I
don't have any templates added in and as I said I did not have this problem
before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
John
Michael_Corral

I do not know everything you have tried, but I would first do Detect and
Repair then all MS Office and Windows Updates then restart, and if that does
not work, reinstall the software.
--
Top Notch Admin

"John@NGC" wrote:

My entire system slows down (90 to 100% cpu cycles) while in Word 2003. When
I bring up the Tools/Options menu it goes back to a smaller percentage 20 -44
if that's any help. My Company recently upgraded from 2000 where I did not
experience this. I have tried many setting changes without success. Also I
have searched this site for the word "slow" and have not found an answer. I
don't have any templates added in and as I said I did not have this problem
before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
John

John@NGC

Thanks Michael...I did the Detect and Repair. Teh individual file seems to be
the bad actor. I can create and save test files with no problem but when I
load a particular file my cpu pegs out.
What could be in the file to cause this to happen?
Thanks again,
John

"John@NGC" wrote:

My entire system slows down (90 to 100% cpu cycles) while in Word 2003. When
I bring up the Tools/Options menu it goes back to a smaller percentage 20 -44
if that's any help. My Company recently upgraded from 2000 where I did not
experience this. I have tried many setting changes without success. Also I
have searched this site for the word "slow" and have not found an answer. I
don't have any templates added in and as I said I did not have this problem
before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
John

John@NGC

Michael,
I did a Select All and pasted the text into another "new" file and the
behavior stopped. Why I don't know but it worked.
John

"John@NGC" wrote:

My entire system slows down (90 to 100% cpu cycles) while in Word 2003. When
I bring up the Tools/Options menu it goes back to a smaller percentage 20 -44
if that's any help. My Company recently upgraded from 2000 where I did not
experience this. I have tried many setting changes without success. Also I
have searched this site for the word "slow" and have not found an answer. I
don't have any templates added in and as I said I did not have this problem
before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
John

finisterre

How is it possible that one, and only one, document is corrupt ONLY on my
computer, but not when it is opened on other computers?

I have carefully tried every solution at the Word MPVs site (several
different pages dealing with corruption). Also, I have complete and up to
date security software and no unwanted background processes running.

If the problem is the document, then it should be corrupt on all computers.
But if the problem is my computer, then corruption should occur in more than
just one file.

So I'm confused.

The 'corruption' I'm talking about is CPU usage sticking at 100%, high fan
speed, and very very hot air coming out. Paging through the document goes a
little slowly, but apart from those there are no other symptoms of corruption
at all.

"John@NGC" wrote:

My entire system slows down (90 to 100% cpu cycles) while in Word

2003. When
I bring up the Tools/Options menu it goes back to a smaller percentage

20 -44
if that's any help. My Company recently upgraded from 2000 where I did

not
experience this. I have tried many setting changes without success.

Also I
have searched this site for the word "slow" and have not found an

answer. I
don't have any templates added in and as I said I did not have this

problem
before.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
John

Word 2003 Mailmerge problem - works in Word 2000 Rick Robinson Mailmerge 2 April 28th 05 10:16 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
copying files from Wordperfect to Microsoft Word Juliet New Users 1 January 31st 05 05:41 PM