Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frieder Schlönz

Default How to stop Carriage Return in textfield?

Hi,

I created a word2003 form with several textfields (with fixed length).
After setting "document protection" I can enter text only in the
textfields. Okay, that's what I wanted. But how do I prevent entering
carriage returns in textfields whichs destroys my whole page layout? The
page gets one line longer when entering the carriage return. Who knows a
solution?

Frieder

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Put the formfields in the cells of a borderless table which has fixed row
heights.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Frieder Schlönz" oopsi@oopsi wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hi,

I created a word2003 form with several textfields (with fixed length).
After setting "document protection" I can enter text only in the
textfields. Okay, that's what I wanted. But how do I prevent entering
carriage returns in textfields whichs destroys my whole page layout? The
page gets one line longer when entering the carriage return. Who knows a
solution?

Frieder

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frieder Schlönz

Hi Doug,

how do I fix the cell height? And does this trick stop the text
scrolling inside the formfield?

Frieder

Doug Robbins - Word MVP schrieb:
Put the formfields in the cells of a borderless table which has fixed row
heights.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tables menu, select Properties and the go to the Row tab and set
the height that you want and change the "At least" to "Exactly"

This won't actually prevent the user from using the Enter key, but if they
do so, or if they type more text than will fit on the line, it will not be
visible and the layout of your document will not be affected.

You may also be interest in:

WD97: How to Code the ENTER Key to Move to Next Field in Protected Form

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q187/9/85.ASP

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Frieder Schlönz" oopsi@oopsi wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hi Doug,

how do I fix the cell height? And does this trick stop the text scrolling
inside the formfield?

Frieder

Doug Robbins - Word MVP schrieb:
Put the formfields in the cells of a borderless table which has fixed row
heights.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frieder Schlönz

Hi Doug,

do you know a trick how to fix all marked table cells in one move?
Currently, when I have several cells with different height, I have to
find the new height by trial and error. Because in the cell height field
I only find the value "0 cm". Any ideas? Thanks!

Frieder

Doug Robbins - Word MVP schrieb:
From the Tables menu, select Properties and the go to the Row tab and set
the height that you want and change the "At least" to "Exactly"