Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ CJ is offline

Default Table Formatting

In Word 2003, I often receive tables in which column widths for just
part of the table do not line up exactly with other parts of the
table. Trying to drag the column borders so they match up perfectly
is almost impossible. One way around this problem is to convert the
table to text and then the text back to a table, but then I have to
readjust all the column widths to what they were previously. Is there
an easier way to format tables?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

One approach is to use the old Table | Cell Height and Width dialog
(applying a column width to the entire table, not just specific rows); see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ePropProbs.htm

"CJ" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I often receive tables in which column widths for just
part of the table do not line up exactly with other parts of the
table. Trying to drag the column borders so they match up perfectly
is almost impossible. One way around this problem is to convert the
table to text and then the text back to a table, but then I have to
readjust all the column widths to what they were previously. Is there
an easier way to format tables?

Table Formatting sturner333 Microsoft Word Help 0 November 8th 07 04:28 PM
Formatting Table Splits Table spartan76_98 Tables 4 August 15th 07 11:51 AM
What to do about changes in formatting within a table. Emerald53 Tables 6 February 14th 06 05:21 PM
Formatting a Table mattie Tables 3 July 13th 05 10:55 PM
Formatting within a table MH Tables 2 March 21st 05 05:27 PM