Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marie Marie is offline

Default Want separate Chapter Page Numbers and Total Page Numbers.

I have a document with multiple sections. I wish each section to have it's
own numbering in the header(I've done this successfully using 'sections'),
but I also want in the footer a separate page numbering showing the page
number for the whole document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Marie,

You can use the PAGE field for the Document page count and the following formula field (which needs to be in each Section's header
or footer) for the Section page count:
{QUOTE{IF{PAGE}= 1 {SET Section0 0}}
{IF{PAGE}{NUMPAGES} {IF{={SECTIONPAGES}+{REF {QUOTE Section{={SECTION}-1}}}}={PAGE} {SET {QUOTE Section{SECTION}} {PAGE}}}}
"Page {={PAGE}-{REF {QUOTE Section{={SECTION}-1}}}} of {SECTIONPAGES}"}
Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

You can omit the ' of {SECTIONPAGES}' part if you don't need it.

--
Cheers
macropod