Aaron Naparstek

Default Files always opening in Document Map format. Grrrr....

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it: Whenever I open up a Word
document, especially, a Word document that has come as an Outlook attachment,
Word launches the file in "Document Map" view. I can't figure out how to
change this. I want my files to open either in "Print Layout" or "Normal"
view.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Aaron Nap

Thanks for your reply. I am still having a problem, however. I did a search
and there is no document on my PC called "normal.dot." I think that I know
how to create a new normal.dot, but I can't quite figure out where exactly to
save it. I see that the last part of the path is C:\...\Microsoft\Templates.

Can you advise me on what to do to create and save a new normal.dot? Or
perhaps you have another solution?

Much appreciated.
--Aaron

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Document Map or Outline view? If the latter, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

"Aaron Naparstek" Aaron wrote in
message ...
If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it: Whenever I open up a Word
document, especially, a Word document that has come as an Outlook

attachment,
Word launches the file in "Document Map" view. I can't figure out how to
change this. I want my files to open either in "Print Layout" or "Normal"
view.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

You don't create a Normal.dot; Word does. For instructions on finding
Normal.dot, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Document Map or Outline view? If the latter, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.