Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Johnny_Darko Johnny_Darko is offline

Default Cannot Delete Section Break (Odd Page)

I have a section break in my document, which is off the type (Odd Page).
This forces the next section to star on an even page which is not what I want.

I have tried modifying the Section Start attribute to be next page, even
page and even continuous. (It seems to hold the configuration setting but
has no effect and does not changethe type of the original section break. (It
still appears with the same name).
Being unable to edit it , I'd be happy if I could delete it.
I have inserted a new section break before this unwanted one and when I
select it (in order to do this I find I nmust change to Outline Mode. I
cannot select it while in Print or Normal View)

When I select the break and hit delete, Word deletes the preceding section
(or if it does delet the one selected, immediately assigns its attributes to
the preceding one)Either way I am back to square one.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the sections have different orientation, the printer driver could be
forcing an odd page section break. If this is the case, there probably isn't
much you can do.

For information on what happens when you delete a section break, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Johnny_Darko" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Johnny_Darko[_2_] Johnny_Darko[_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan,

There is no difference in the orientation of the two sections but the number
of columns is different.
I'managed to delete the troublesome section by inserting a Section break
break the problem one inherited the characteristics. (Or maybe to delete the
section I had to delet the break at the end not the one at that actually said
(Odd Page).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure what happened to your document. I guess there could have been
some corruption in the section break... To make sure that it doesn't
resurface, you may want to delete the section breaks altogether, and then
copy the document contents (except for the final paragraph mark) into a new
file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Johnny_Darko" wrote in message
Hi Stefan,

There is no difference in the orientation of the two sections but the
number
of columns is different.
I'managed to delete the troublesome section by inserting a Section break
section

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See €śSection break causes an unexpected page break in Word€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074, which is relevant to section
breaks for columns. Deleting section breaks is rarely successful; changing
the section start type often is.

http://word.mvps.org