Lucas

Default true type and open type fonts

Hello,

If I look in the fonts list I see a small icon on the left of the font name.
There is one with 2 capital T's and one resembling a printer. I guess the
'TT'
icon stands for true type. But the printer icon I'm not sure, is this open
type?

Does anybody also know were I can find these 'open type fonts' because I can't
seem to find them in the "C:\WINDOWS\fonts" directory.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

The printer icon indicates either a printer-resident font or an Adobe
PostScript Type 1 font. OpenType fonts are indicated in the Windows Fonts
folder (but not in Word's font list) with a large blue italic O (and
PostScript fonts with a red script A, not to be confused with red Roman
capital A that denotes screen fonts). Word does not currently support the
extra features of OpenType, however, and treats OpenType fonts the same as
TrueType.