Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
apsync apsync is offline

Default no more headline 2?

Hello everyone,

after happely purchasing office 2007 today, I wanted to start directly with
my work. Short after I noticed that headline 2 (and 3) are gone. I really
need these to make a proper Index for my current document.

Can anyone post a solution, I would appreciate that very much!

With kind regards,
apsync
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 04:10:00 -0800, apsync
wrote:

Hello everyone,

after happely purchasing office 2007 today, I wanted to start directly with
my work. Short after I noticed that headline 2 (and 3) are gone. I really
need these to make a proper Index for my current document.

Can anyone post a solution, I would appreciate that very much!

With kind regards,
apsync

They are _not_ gone, unless your installation is badly damaged.

On the Home ribbon, near the right end is a group labeled Styles. In it there's
a series of boxes showing styles such as Normal and Heading 1. If your Word
window is narrower than full screen or if you're using a low screen resolution,
there may be only two or three boxes, so you need to use the little arrow
buttons to their right to scroll through more rows of styles. At least Heading 2
should be there.

Heading 3 is, by default, marked as "Hide until used". To show it all the time,
do this:

- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S (or click the tiny button in the bottom right corner of
the Styles group) to open the Styles task pane.

- At the bottom of the task pane are three buttons. Click the third one, which
is Manage Styles.

- In the Manage Styles dialog, click the Recommend tab.

- Select the Heading 3 item in the list and click the Show button. Repeat for
any other styles that you want to be visible all the time. Then click OK.

One more comment: the Heading styles normally don't have anything to do with an
index (an alphabetical list of items in the document). They do contribute to a
Table of Contents. Probably 90% of the problems people have with finding out how
to do things in Word is that they don't know (or don't pay attention to) what
those things are called.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
apsync apsync is offline

Okay thanks I am gonna try it out soon, I hope I can find it.

And yes I meant concept of table, since I am dutch I dont know the right
names for everything in English, sorry about that if it bothered you.

Thanks once again.