Mabel

Default I do I get 2003 to open Word 2000 document?

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word 2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?
garfield-n-odie

We can't see your screen from here. What happens when you try to
open a previous Word 2000 file? If you get an error message,
what does the message say EXACTLY?

Mabel wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word 2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Mabel

I have tried open in Word 2003 and also directly on the document. The same
result is the box "the file (named) is not available" and then the ok box. I
have since also noticed that I have received an e-mail, I use IncrediMail
which had a prompt that powerpoint couldn't open the attachment.

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word 2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Mabel

As I said earlier, I am using Freedom which is a product supplied for
Adelphia. I am on cable and use their security package. I hope I can get
this resolved. I have much work in Word 2000 that I would like to open. And
the IncrediMail incident has a .pps on the end of the attachment. The
prompts said something about needing to be .ppt? any help will be
appreciated.

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word

2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is

provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Doug Robbins

Where are the files located? On the hard disk or on a floppy disk?

I don't know what Freedom or Adelphia or IncrediMail are, but stop them from
running as there is always a chance that they are intefering the way the
Norton addin apparently does.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're using Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

so
all may benefit.

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word

2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is

provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Mabel

Freedom is my firewall - never had any trouble with Word 2000 conflicting.
Adelphia is my cable company. I don't wish to disconnect my firewall and
internet access every time I use Microsoft Office 2003 Pro? The files are
located on my hard drive. IncrediMail is my e-mail program.

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word
2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is
provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Both .pps and .ppt attachments need to be opened in PowerPoint. They are not
Word files.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're using Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word

2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is

provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Mabel

I know that .pps and .ppt are opened in powerpoint. problem is up to this
point, I never had to open anything, the attachments opened when "clicked".
The other problem is how can I get my present (zillions) of documents written
in Word 2000 to be available to open in Word 2003. When clicked on they open
word 2003 but the box says they are unavailable. I have gone through and
made sure they were not read only and they everyone (just me) on my computer
had access to them. Thanks!

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous Word
2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which is
provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Are they saved on your hard disk or just in your email?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mabel" wrote:

I installed the 2003 Office Pro. When I tried to open previous
Word
2000
documents they wouldn't open. I notice someone suggested
unplugging
something in Norton but I don't use Norton. I use Freedom which
is
provided
by Adelphia cable. Any other suggestions?

Doug Robbins

None of that software, etc. will have anything to do with your problem.
What anti-virus software are you using? You are using some aren't you?

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're using Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
When I open a document created in Word 2000 in 2003, it always o. mtnbiker Microsoft Word Help 1 March 4th 05 04:04 PM
Word 2003 takes 20secs to open document. Jason Langoulant Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 04 02:42 AM