Brad Moss

Default Integrated Visual Thesaurus

Microsoft Word should include an integrated visual thesaurus. Perhaps hot
keys that allow you to hold and click on a word to activate the thesaurus.
For an example, visit http://www.visualthesaurus.com/online/) or use a search
engine to find "Visual Thesaurus." This feature and tool would give users the
ability to better utlize language vocabulary.
Beth Melton

In Word 2003 you can Alt and click a word to look it up in the
Thesaurus. As for the visual animation, looks like nothing more than
'eye-candy' which would use too many additional resources.

Now, Visual Thesaurus, or another developer, could create an add-in
and incorporate their utility in Word using the Research task pane.
This seems more feasible than Microsoft including one.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/